We are 100 Years Old Today !
Union Fire Company No. 1 also known as Blackwood Terrace Fire Company, was organized on April 10 & 11, 1915 by the residents of Deptford Township, from areas known as Blackwood Terrace, Linwood Grove, Linwood Heights, and Garden City, to provide fire protection in their section town. Blackwood Terrace started out as a small town with Summer Cottages for Philadelphian’s that had easy access to Blackwood Lake. A trolly from Camden came through Blackwood Terrace and ended at Blackwood Lake.
The first elected officers in 1915 were as follows:
- President – J.C. Brown
- Vice President – George Quinn
- Secretary – Ira Quesinbury
- Treasurer – Hugh Boyle
- Fire Chief – Frank L. Night
Below is a picture of the original Fire Station that stood across from the present day fire station on Good Intent Road and Hickory Avenue. The original Fire Station burned on February 20, 1932. All of the apparatus were saved.
Help us celebrate our Birthday on Saturday June 6, 2015 with a Parade, Food, 2 Live Bands and a DJ all starting at noon at the Fire Station.


